In 1864, the Knights of Pythias became the first fraternal organization to receive a charter under an act of the U.S. Congress. Built in 1886 as a Knights of Pythias Hall, this historic, three-story Victorian is prominently situated on the Main Street of Vinalhaven, a beautiful island in Maine's Penobscot Bay. The 4,600 square feet building served many uses over the past 135 years. The first floor, used previously as a cafe/bakery and currently as a retail shop, has original tin ceilings, original built-in cabinetry, hardwood floors, and space in the back for a commercial kitchen. Additionally, there is room to build a rear waterfront patio, if so desired. The second floor has a light-filled, two-bedroom apartment with views over the island harbor to the south and Carver's Pond, a tidal estuary to the north. A spacious, exterior deck also looks out over Carver's Pond. The third floor, originally the expansive Knights of Pythias Ceremony Room, has high ceilings with dormer windows overlooking Main Street and the harbor. Excellent natural light floods the building, and a flexible floor plan allows for multiple living and business possibilities. There have been many recent renovations inside and out, with more in progress. This is a rare opportunity to own one of Vinalhaven's historic jewels.